2009-2012: PhD in Computer Science Engineering, Graduate School of Systems and Information Engineering, Tsukuba University, Japan.
2007–2009: Master in Computer Science Engineering, Graduate School of Systems and Information Engineering, Tsukuba University, Japan
2006-2007: Uncertified research student – Visual Information Processing Lab. – Tsukuba University – Japan.
2002-2004: Post graduate Diploma in programming and operating systems – Damascus University – Syria.
1997-2002: BSc. Electronic Engineering – Damascus University – Syria.
Master and Doctoral Research Topic 2006 –2012:
Real-time Recognition of Traffic Signs Using an In-Vehicle Video Camera.
PhD thesis title: Detection of White Arrows in Blue Directional Signs Segmented from Blue Sky Scenes Using Blue-Yellow Opponent Color Filters.
Post graduating Diploma project (2004):
Geographic information system (GIS) and its uses in tourism – Digital map for Information centers.
Bachelor graduation project (2001):
A PC program to automate the system of student selection according to their degrees to be accepted in postgraduate studies.
Forth year project (2000):
Study on Biometric systems.
- Internship in Division of Systems Engineering and Automation, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid, Spain, in cooperation with The Intelligent Systems Laboratory. (6-7/2010).
- Internship at UNDP-Syria (6/2002).
- English courses in several institutes.
- French courses in French cultural center.
- Japanese courses – International Student Center – Tsukuba University -Japan.
I have good skills in visual studio C++, OpenCV, Matlab, openGL, gsl, R-project, mathmatica and other related tools.
Professional experiences and qualifications:
September 2013 – Now:
Senior Lecturer at Faculty of Technology – University Malaysia Pahang (UMP), Kuantan, Malaysia.
May 2012 – August 2013:
Associate Researcher at National Institute for Environmental Studies (NIES), Tsukuba, Japan.
November 2008 – March 2012:
Part-time Job as Research Assistant on preparation of ocean model dataset for real-time air-sea co2 flux simulation for GOSAT project at National Institute for Environmental Studies (NIES), Tsukuba, Japan.
July 2008 –March 2010:
Part-time Job as Teacher Assistant for computer courses given to the international students at Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) center in Tsukuba, Japan.
August 2003 – June 2006:
Teacher Assistant in Damascus University – Faculty of Informatics Engineering.
I was responsible for working with students in laboratories and teaching some practical issues, including;
- PC basics: (Windows, Word, Excel, Access PowerPoint, HTML).
- “Eagle” software to design Circuit boards.
- Basics of SQL.
- Programming languages: ‘Delphi ’, C++, VB and Java.
- ARC-GIS Software by Esri to analyze and build digital maps.
March 2004 – February 2006:
Coordinator Assistant for National Tempus Office in Syria, one of EU programmes in the field of Higher Education Reform. (TEMPUS = Trans European Mobility Programme for University Studies).
June – August 2003:
Part-time job at UNDP as research assistant for MDGs (Millennium Development Goals), HDR (Human Development Report) and ICT (Information and communications technology) projects.
Arabic: Mother language.
English: Very good. (Writing, reading, and speaking)
- ILETS Score 7.0/9.0 (Writing: 6.5/9.0, Reading: 7.5/9.0, Listening 7.5/9.0, Speaking 6.5/9.0 ) Dec. 2009
- TOEIC Score 900/990 July 2006.
- TOEFL Score of 557 / 670 May 2004.
French: Elementary level (reading, writing, and speaking)
“Expression générale – A1” DELF certificate. 2002
Hobbies: Reading and Swimming.